Dating can be intimidating for women. It’s tough to meet people when we have work, family, and our social lives to think about. And not all women have a network of friends that are up for going out at the weekend. Nights out are an excellent way to meet people, but it takes time and effort. Plus, it’s an expectation to get dressed up to fit in.
Dating sites for women take the stress and hard work away. They use intelligent matchmaking systems to find compatible partners for single ladies. This means that women only have to meet men when they’re comfortable. Dating sites allow them to communicate first instead of going in blind.
The 6 Best Dating Sites for Women
About Match: So far, on Match.com, 1.6 million people have met their match. It’s one of the key players in dating, boasting 21 million active members. 91% of members have attended college or university. 44% are single parents looking for love. Match.com attracts a wide range of people with one thing in common – they want to find romance.
Why Match.com is a good dating app for women: With helpful dating tips and advice, Match.com isn’t just a dating site. It’s a valuable hub of information designed to achieve dating success. There’s a questionnaire to fill out during sign-up. This allows Match.com to match women up with compatible partners. The knock-on effect saves them time and offers a bigger chance of dating success. Please read our review of Match.com.
About EliteSingles: Elite Singles is among the best dating sites for educated women. It caters only to those looking for a serious relationship. Over 85% of members are 30+ and hold an above-average education. Elite Singles also claims to create on average 2000 new couples each month. So far, they’ve earned the trust of over 13 million singles worldwide.
Why EliteSingles is a good app for serious relationship dating: Elite Singles boasts a high success rate. The site uses sophisticated matchmaking to achieve this. This is frequently fine-tuned for the best results. Singles receive 3-7 matches a day to ensure quality over quantity. And to guarantee compatibility, Elite Singles base their matching suggestions on members’ relationship preferences, location, and individual personality test answers. Please read our review of EliteSingles.
About eHarmony: On average, every 14 minutes, someone finds love on eHarmony. The site offers a high-quality dating pool and favors the quality of matches over quantity. To achieve this, eHarmony takes a scientific approach to dating. The membership group is also vast. Members are between 26-65 years old. So basically, there’s someone for everyone, regardless of age.
Why eHarmony is a good dating app for women: eHarmony invites members to take the compatibility questionnaire upon signing up. It’s designed to gauge personality and asks for interests and personal goals. From this, eHarmony sends out daily curated matches of singles each member is best suited to make dating simple. Please read our review of eHarmony.
About OurTime: OurTime is an exclusive dating site for over 50s. It aims to help people in their golden years find love. Match.com owns it, so many of the features are very similar. After signing up, members can fill out the Affinity Questionnaire. The questionnaire asks for details about what a person is looking for to create better matches.
Why OurTIme is a good dating site for women: OurTime is easy to use; older women looking to date can easily access the site. The site also puts on various events where singles can meet face to face. But women who feel shy or a little intimidated by this can invite up to three friends to go along. There’s an app available too. This allows busy over 50s to date on the go. Please read our review of OurTime.
About SilverSingles: SilverSingles is another website for over 50s. It offers a platform for serious dating and aims to help forge long-lasting connections. To do this, SilverSingles uses a personality test to gauge its members’ interests. It then pairs people up based on their compatibility. 80% of members are well educated and have a university degree.
Why SilverSingles is a good dating site for women: SilverSingles’ clever algorithms boast excellent matchmaking skills. The site also takes location out of the equation. While SilverSingles understands the importance of showing people who live nearby, broadening the radius allows members to find ‘the one. This gives women a better chance of dating success. Please read our review of SilverSingles.
About Chemistry: Chemistry is part of the Match.com family. As the name suggests, the site relies on science to match people with each other. The in-depth personality test is the brainchild of relationship expert Dr. Helen Fischer. She believes that attraction, attachment, and lust are the three main components of love. Without one, you don’t have the full experience. The questionnaire considers these emotional receptors to help Chemistry’s members find love.
Why Chemistry is a good site dating site for women: Chemistry leaves no stone unturned regarding matchmaking. Members are split into four categories. This includes Explorer, Builder, Negotiator, and Director. Each one has a best and worst match, which determines who each member shares compatibility with. It’s particularly great for women who lead busy lives. Please read our review of Chemistry.
Dating Sites for Women FAQ
- How are dating sites for women different from regular dating sites?
- What are the benefits of joining one of the best dating sites for women?
- Who’s on dating sites for women?
- What factors to look for when deciding on a dating site for women?
- How can women stay safe on online dating apps?
- How can women have a successful first date?
- What are some dating issues for women? Problems for women?
- What are the advantages of being a single woman on dating apps?
How are dating sites for women different from regular dating sites?
Unless you’re looking at lesbian sites, dating sites aren’t exclusively for women. This makes it difficult to quantify what is different about them. But sites that are keen to attract women have online safety and security in mind. They’re also packed with valuable content to show women how to date successfully. Many use matchmaking questionnaires to find compatible matches. These questionnaires help women find other singles quickly and weed out men who don’t share their interests.
What are the benefits of joining a dating site for women?
1. Meet like-minded singles with similar interests
Dating sites are great because they filter people with the most desirable interests and personality traits. This leaves only the most compatible people. Intelligent algorithms and matchmaking systems also do the hard work. They ask members for specific information about themselves to create quality matches. This takes the hassle and effort out of dating for busy women.
2. Connect with singles looking for the same as you
Being transparent with your relationship preferences can lead to dating success. And by seeing everyone else’s profile information, you can see who is looking for the same thing. Dating sites also allow you to talk to people before you meet them. That way, you can determine whether there’s a spark worth building on.
3. Find a meaningful connection or a friendship.
The end goal is to find someone special to fall in love with. But connections can be about more than that. They can include friendships, companionship, and someone to talk to when feeling down. Dating sites allow you to find people who can offer a different perspective on life.
Who’s on dating sites for women?
Every dating site is different and offers something unique. Each one will, in turn, attract a diverse group of women. But they all have in common that they’re looking to fall in love with someone. Many will lead to busy, demanding lives. Some will be 50+, while others will be young. The beauty of online dating is that single women can find the one that works best for them.
What factors to look for when choosing the best dating site for women?
1. Quality and range of membership base
Single women who date online are looking for someone they can share their life with. Choosing a site with a membership base that meets requirements is essential. There are so many dating sites out there that it’s important to research beforehand. Ask yourself some questions as you do. For example, does the dating site have enough male members? What is the most popular age range? These (and more) will help you choose the right one.
2. Privacy and security
Privacy and security are two of the most significant aspects of online dating. Many dating sites offer enhanced security features to help keep members safe. This includes anonymous browsing and fake usernames. The reason for this is to ensure members are comfortable when using them.
3. Extra features
Features are a bit like Marmite. Some people love them, while others never use them. Busy singles likely won’t have time for extra features. But they can enhance the dating site experience and make it more fun. Some features can even help members find other singles they haven’t considered before.
Dating sites aren’t cheap. Most need you to sign up for a monthly fee. The price usually gets cheaper the longer you sign up. Some of the best sites offer subscription options to access all features. There are some free sites available, though. They allow you to message members for free. But, these sites don’t tend to have sophisticated matchmaking options.
How can women stay safe on online dating apps?
These days, online dating is so regular. Lives are busy and stressful enough without worrying about finding the right person. Dating websites take the hard work out, which is why they’re becoming popular.
Many people still find online dating daunting, however. How do you keep yourself safe? These tips are a great place to start:
- Don’t give out personal information: Giving out personal information is a bad idea – especially in the early stages. Similarly, if someone asks for a lot of information when you’ve just started talking, this should ring alarm bells. Luckily, most dating sites allow you to block profiles that are harassing you. You can either take this step or let the person know they’re making you uncomfortable.
- Meet them in public first: It’s not a good idea to meet someone you don’t correctly know in private. Head somewhere where there’ll be many people – in a restaurant or public place, for example. Going to each other’s houses isn’t advised until you know each other better.
Let someone know where you’re going.
For an extra layer of protection, let a friend or family member know your date’s exact time and location. Check-in with them at specific intervals throughout the date so that they know you’re okay.
- Trust your gut: If a date makes you uncomfortable or it just doesn’t feel right, don’t be afraid to walk away. Remember that your date is a stranger, so your safety and protection must come first.
- Say no to a ride home: Make sure you have a reliable way to get home before you even go on your date. It might help if you have someone picking you up to arrange a specific time with them. That way, you’re in control. You also reduce the risk of being pressured into accepting a lift home from your date.
How can women have a successful first date?
First dates can be scary. But they can also go exceptionally well. Even if your date doesn’t end up being ‘the one, you can still make a success of it. And, in the long run, you could get some great tips out of it for the next time.
- Be true to yourself: While looking to impress, dress comfortably in a way that represents the real you. You don’t have to be anyone else to make someone like you. After all, they should see the person you are.
- Laugh through your date: When we laugh, we release feel-good endorphins. These can help us to relax. When you’re on your date, share a couple of laughs with them to break the ice and become comfortable with each other.
- Practice being confident: Confidence doesn’t come naturally to everyone. But it’s possible to fake it ’til you make it. Visualize the date in your mind before you go to it. Imagine yourself confident and try to adopt that alter ego so that you start to become comfortable on the date.
- Ask questions: Show a keen interest in your date by asking questions. More importantly, listen to the answers. This will boost his ego while helping you understand more. It can also help forge a stronger connection.
- Split the bill: These days, many women enjoy splitting or paying for the entire bill. Unless your date insists on paying, paying for your half is polite. Your match will see that you’re generous and willing to treat them as much as they treat you.
What are some tips for women to find the right person?
- Don’t settle: It might be easier said than done, but walking away from the wrong guy is the right thing to do. To find ‘the one, you will have to go on multiple dates until you get that feeling. Hold out for the person who gives you what you need. Don’t settle. Settling will only be more painful for you and him in the long run.
- Communicate: Setting out what you want right from the start will help you find the right person. If there are things you don’t like or don’t want to do, be honest about them. If you need someone emotionally available, write it on your profile. Men will know what to expect and can calculate whether they can meet your dating requirements.
- Practice self-care and love: Take a step back if you’re getting frustrated by dating. Dating is supposed to be fun. If you can feel burnt out, start focusing on getting your sparkle back. You have to be able to love yourself first before you love someone else. Try focusing on the best possible you, and you’ll attract the guy you both want and need.
What are some dating issues for women? Problems for single women?
1. When you find out he’s super sexist
So, the date’s going well. You’re laughing a lot and having a lovely time. And then he comes out with a sexist comment that ruins the whole thing. He probably doesn’t mean it to be as sexist as it is, but it can be off-putting. Besides – who wants to spend a date educating a guy about sexism and respect?
2. When he tells you he just got out of a relationship
This is an instant deal-breaker. Who needs a guy who is still pining over his ex? You’re just a rebound, which doesn’t feel great. But the sooner you know, the sooner you can put the date behind you. Get him to call you when he’s over her (if you haven’t found someone better).
3. When he’s texting the whole time
Way to make a girl feel good. This is never fun. Whether it’s to make you feel jealous or his phone simply means more to him, non-stop texting is a sure-fire way to make you feel unwanted.
4. When he’s way too close to his mom
Some lines just shouldn’t be crossed. It’s pretty off-putting when a guy shares more than he should with his mum. And also, what exactly is he telling her? This is something to keep an eye on if you decide to pursue a relationship.
5. When you suspect he’s homeless and just using you for your bed
If you’ve never been invited to his home or he never actually leaves yours, maybe he doesn’t have a place to go to. If he’s also light on the details about where he lives, it might be time to question why. Your date might need support, but make sure they’re not using you.
6. When you convince yourself he’s not so bad because you’re lonely
If you know there’s no chemistry there, but the guy is nice, it can be hard to walk away. And if you’re desperate to find a good guy, you might settle for someone who’s not quite right. Letting someone down is hard – but it’ll only be harder for you both in the run.
7. When you hate the first thing he says on a date and must sit through a whole dinner.
This is quite possibly every dater’s worst nightmare. When you instantly know there’s no connection, it’s almost painful to sit through the rest of the date. Just make sure you choose a delicious dinner to make up for it. Anyone for pudding?
8. When he does not look like his online dating profile photo.
#awkward. This is always SO disappointing. It’s hard not to feel cheated when a date looks different from what you expect. But try to see past the appearance – you might like what’s underneath.
9. When he only texts you after midnight
He’s probably busy with work and his social life. Which, by the way, is quite normal. But that doesn’t make you feel any less wanted. The temptation to text him first is genuine. Sometimes, it’s best to play it cool and make him want to text you.
10. When his voice sounds nothing like what you pictured when you saw his online profile.
When your date’s voice doesn’t match what is in your head, it’s unsettling. And guaranteed, this will be the only thing you focus on throughout the date. You can be this picky when you’re on a first date. But when you let him down, try to be kind about it. It’s not like he can change his voice.
11. When all you can think about is going home to eat pizza alone.
This says it all. If all you can think about is getting away from the date, he’s either the wrong guy for you, or you’re not ready to be there.
What are the advantages of being a single woman on dating apps?
1. You can flirt without fear.
Flirting is fun. There’s no denying it. And in most cases, it’s completely innocent. But when you have a boyfriend, you always feel guilty when you flirt with someone new. There’s also the risk that you could develop feelings for someone you’re not in a relationship with.
2. You can work on yourself.
It’s all too easy to get complacent when you have a boyfriend. A recent UK survey found that 62% of people gained 14 pounds or more after beginning a relationship. This is because most people enjoy eating out or watching TV. Being single offers single women the time to improve their minds, body, and soul.
3. You can have more sex.
According to research, single women have more sex than married people. There’s so much opportunity to experiment with new people and explore all the things you like and don’t like before you meet the right person.
4. You can become more self-reliant.
Love can be destructive. When it’s good, it’s intense and all-consuming. But not all relationships go the distance. When they go wrong, it’s devastating. Being single can help a person become more mentally ready to tackle something so emotional.
5. You can do whatever the hell you want to as a single woman on dating apps
When you’re single, you can do whatever you want, whenever you want, with whoever you want. Isn’t that great? Some relationships can feel suffocating. Embracing singlehood is the best way to go for some women. Relationships need a lot of care, attention, and commitment. Sometimes they’re not worth the time.
What are the pros and cons of dating sites for women?
✓ Pros of Dating Sites for Women
- Meet guys on your terms
- Protect your safety and security
- Take the stress and time out of dating
- Make the most of clever matchmaking systems
X Cons of Dating Sites for Women
- Dating sites can be expensive
- It’s a crowded digital space; your profile needs to stand out
- It’s hard to know if you like someone online
There are lots of great choices when it comes to dating sites for women. There are two that scored highly on our list. The first is Match.com. It boasts a high-quality dating pool of educated singles and makes dating easy.
The second is eHarmony. This is also our favorite dating site for women. It caters to a wide range of age groups looking to date. The compatibility questionnaire is also very effective at creating successful matches.
Other things we like:
- There’s a list of pre-determined questions that makes the experience much less time consuming
- They have an Eharmony dating advice site. It’s full of handy tips and hints to help you find success and get the best experience from the site.
- It’s excellent for producing serious matches that can lead to marriage.