Just like the name suggests, Manhunt is designed to help you find a man. It’s the world’s largest gay chat and dating site, which has been around since 2011 and continues to grow year after year. It’s designed to be a site for free and paying members, unlocking plenty of potential to message and meet like-minded people you can get to know on your own terms. Find out a bit more with our review below.
In a nutshell, single men. The site is pretty X-rated, so many members are looking for something more casual and instant – much like Tinder. In fact, around 80% of users are looking to hook up for casual sex.
- Members: There are over 6 million members worldwide. 350,000 are from the UK.
- Member activity: There are around 30,000 daily logins. The site is visited mostly by people in the US.
- Gender proportion: 100% Male
- 24-38 (31%)
- 39-52 (36%)
- 54-75 (28%)
- unspecified (5%)
How the Site Works
Once you’ve joined, you get shown matches that meet your requirements, like distance and other likes and dislikes. You can also search for profiles and message people you like to look of.
You have to be at least 18 years old to sign up. Sign up takes literally about a minute – it’s one of the fastest dating site sign-up systems we’ve found so far. All you have to do is choose a username and password, then verify your email before you start messaging and upload at least one photo. Except for adding a photo, you can skip all sections and come back to them later.
Ease of use
Everything about Manhunt is pretty intuitive and simple to use. There are quite a lot of ads that can block some of the settings and features, but the website is generally well styled and easy to navigate.
Chat, messages and notifications
You have to verify your email address before you can message anyone, but once that’s done messaging is free across the site for all members. However, free members can only send messages to 50 members a day. There’s also a chat room feature for a more instant messaging service.
Although you can add up to 15 photos and add information about yourself, you only need one photo to be a member and most sections can be skipped. This means you’ll find profile quality a bit hit and miss – some profiles will take the site seriously and fill out all sections, while some might be testing the waters first. You’ll generally need to message someone to find out more.
You can download on both iPhone and Android, and there’s also a touchscreen mobile version of the site. It’s a faster, easier way to meet guys on the go, and is fully geared up towards finding you a more casual hook up. Expect to find guys nearby to make friends, create instant hookups or meet for a date. The app is a bit limited compared to the features you get on the desktop site, but if you’re after something instant then it does the job.
Real life reviews for Manhunt.net
From Dating Scout
Video Chat. Chat privately via video with members from all over the world. There’s no typing here, so you have to chat face to face.
Conversation. This is an instant messaging feature that allows you to chat faster and more quickly, sharing your location and photos.
Board. Upload quick posts about the sorts of things you’re after for other members to see. Your posts won’t stick around for long, but other people can reply to it.
Track List. See the most recent 50 men who’ve liked your profile.
Safety and security
Manhunt specify that you need to be at least 18 to join the site and all pictures are of members of age. The site features very explicit photos and even porn, which is why the 18+ age limit is in place. However, as important as this is there doesn’t seem to be many checks in place to verify someone’s age.
How much does membership cost?
What is the price for membership? There are two types of membership: auto-renewal and non-renewel. Auto-renewal costs the following:
- 1 week: £4
- 1 month: £7
- 3 months: £5.67 per month
- 6 months: £5 per month
- 12 months: £4.58 per month
Non-renewal costs the following:
- 1 week: £5
- 1 month: £8
- 3 months: £6.67 per month
- 6 months: £5.83 per month
- 12 months: £5.42 per month
Anyone can upgrade to a VIP membership. Doing so will give you:
- Worldwide access to millions of gay men
- Unlimited views of bi, curious and gay men profiles, including naked pictures
- Unlimited 1-to-1 gay video chat options with the ability to webcam with guys nationally & internationally
- Unlimited conversations with all members along with complete chat history
- Full-sized profile gay pics with the ability to see all intimate pictures
- Keep an eye on friends and hot guys with your Buddy List
- Block and unblock members
- Save your searches
- Free access to unlimited gay porn videos
Discounts, offers and promo codes
You will find discounts across the website – Manhunt have been known to offer % off their auto-renewal plans, so it’s worth waiting for one to pop up. Alternatively, do a Google search before you sign up in case something’s knocking about online.
If you do a Google search you can sometimes find money off passes too, so make sure you shop around before you commit.
Anyone can join the site for free for an unlimited time. A free membership gets you:
- Worldwide access to millions of gay men.
- Search for any type of guy anywhere, at any time.
- Gay video chat with other members.
- Keep an eye on hot guys with your Buddy List.
- See who is looking at your profile with your Track List.
- Upload up to 16 photos to your profile, including intimate pictures
Pros and Cons
✓ Pros of ManHunt.net
- It’s reasonably priced with plenty of options to suit all budgets.
- If you’re looking for something casual, this is the site for you.
- Plenty of members to browse through.>
X Cons of ManHunt.net
- We found the site to be a bit glitchy when it comes to sign up – it kept logging us back out and asking us to enter our username and password. This might be a one off, but keep your eye on it.
- It’s very graphic! Everywhere you look there are X-rated pictures, so bear this in mind in case you’re not expecting it.
- It’s not really a dating site but a site for hooking up.
There’s no denying it – Manhunt is graphic. Very graphic. They have an 18+ policy for a reason, so make sure you brace yourself if this isn’t what you’re expecting. It’s hard to call it a dating site. It’s more of an online community that unlocks opportunities for people to hook up in a safe environment.
If you’re looking for some pros; it’s got some decent features for free members – including messaging, which is a big plus. And if you’d like to upgrade, the VIP package is quite reasonable. However, the site’s been quite glitchy for us, which make it hard to give us a feel for what it’s really like. 2.4 / 5.
Join Manhunt.net Today
What should I do if I have a notification on ManHunt but when I look there is no message?
The Apple guidelines prohibit Manhunt from displaying images. The message must therefore be viewed from your desktop or laptop.
How do I turn my webcam on?
If you would like to broadcast audio and video in Manhunt Chat, then you will need to have a webcam. You are able to broadcast audio with or without a microphone. TO begin broadcasting audio or video:
– Select ‘Join’ to enter a chat room
– Select ‘Start Broadcast’ button in the Your Broadcast window
– Click ‘Allow’ from the Adobe Flash Player settings
– Select ‘Settings’ from Your Broadcast to adjust audio settings for your microphone.
How do I use the Manhunt board?
The Manhunt Board is a place for members to post quick messages about what you want, who you want to do it with and everything else. Your post will expire when you want it to and this could be hours to days. There will be no trace of what you posted.
Feel free to post using your name. Guys won’t know who you are unless you write back to them. When posting anonymously, you are able to pick from any of your photos in your Photo Manager to accompany the post. You can also browse through posts on the board. When you see one you would like to respond to, select ”Write back’ and compose a message. This will be delivered to his inbox.
At the top menu bar select ‘Board’ and from here you can type your messages, pick how long you want it to appear and also choose up to three location and select post.
When posting on the Manhunt Board, keep your post about yourself and also be mindful that it does not violate the Terms of Access.
How many pictures can I post on my Manhunt profile?
Members are able to upload up to 16 photos. Your photos will be set to public, private or hidden.
– Public photos are available to anyone viewing your profile.
– Private photos are available to only specific members, these are ones that you’ve unlocked your pictures for.
– Hidden pictures are not visible to anyone and are ones that you keep in reserve in case you would like to share them later.
If you want to change how pictures appear on your account, select Account > Pictures > Click on the photo you want to move > From the mini pop-up. You can then change ‘Make Private’, ‘Make Hidden’ or ‘Delete Picture’.
What should I do if I purchased VIP access through iTunes and did not receive full access?
If you purchased a ManHunt plan through your iTunes account and do not have access, you should email the customer support team with a screenshot and also a copy of your receipt.
What is member video?
The Member video feature on Manhunt allows members to upload videos of their choice to increase engagement and interest on their profile.
How do I upload a video on Manhunt?
To upload a video on ManHunt:
– Click on the gear icon
– Select ‘My Videos’
– Click ‘Upload a New Video’
– Drop your file or upload
– Name your video
– Mark the video category
– Select that you agree to the video rules with the checkbox ‘I agree’
– Finally upload your video
Can anyone upload a video on ManHunt?
Yes, all members are able to upload videos to their profile regardless of subscription status.
What is 1-to-1 video on Manhunt?
Manhunt’s 1-to-1 video is a new feature allowing you as a paid member to chat privately via audio and video with any other guys on Manhunt.
How can I block someone on Manhunt?
If you would like to block another member, you must have Unlimited Membership status. Blocking is easy to do. All you need to do is go to the member’s profile and select the Block button.
Once you have blocked another member, all emails exchanged will be removed from both inboxes and any unlocked pictures will be re-locked. He won’t know he has been blocked and will not be able to see you online or interact with you anymore. If you are an Unlimited Member you are able to block up to 1,000 members.
How can I report a profile?
If you notice something about another member’s profile that doesn’t comply to the site guidelines, then it is recommended that you report it so it can be investigated.
To report a profile:
– Go to the profile you would like to report
– Select ‘Report this profile’ found on the bottom right corner of the window
– Choose the reason why you are reporting the profile
– Add any extra comments or leave blank
– Select ‘Report’ to submit or click on ‘Cancel Report’ if you selected the wrong profile and want to cancel the report
How can I cancel automatic renewal billing on my Manhunt account?
To cancel the automatic renewal billing on your subscription:
– Click on ‘Account’
– Then select ‘View Billing History’
– Then ‘Stop Auto Renewal’
– Confirm with ‘Yes’
How can I change my credit card information?
To change your credit card information:
– Select the gear icon
– Select ‘Billing’
– Click ‘Update Credit Card Information’
– Update the information you have with new details
– Finally, click ‘Update Credit Card’
How can I change my current membership on Manhunt?
If you already have an unlimited membership subscription but would like to change the payment plan you have:
– Select ‘Account’
– Then ‘View Billing History’
– Then ‘Change Auto Renewal Plan’
– Click the new plan you would like
– Then finally, enable membership renewal
How can I purchase a membership on Manhunt?
If you are interested in purchasing an Unlimited Membership, log into your Manhunt account and:
– Click on Account > Billing > Sign up for Unlimited Membership > Select the desired plan > Fill in all fields > Complete Purchase
You will then be an official member of the Manhunt dating community. Expect a payment confirmation email to the email address you have associated with your account.
All purchases made on Manhunt are made with the secured VeriSign encryption and you will be discreetly billed by ‘Online Buddies, Inc.’
How will charges from Manhunt appear on my bill?
Manhunt understands that for many of their members discretion and privacy is very important. FOr this reason, any charges made to your debit or credit cards will appear under the name ‘Online Buddies’ or ‘OLB’ and not ‘Manhunt’. Please keep in mind that some financial institutions may still list this as ‘escort services’ and Manhunt has no control over it.
Your billing address is requested as part of your cred card’s authorisation. Your personal information is never sold or distributed to any third parties, business or individual. Manhunt doesn’t share, rent or sell personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies. You will no receive any post to your home address.