Oasis Dating Review
Oasis is one of the fastest-growing dating sites out there right now.
Beginning life in Australia, it’s an entirely free service based on the functionality of popular social media sites. It is similar to Facebook, where you can pull all your profile information.
The Oasis dating site has millions of users worldwide (and growing). It’s fast becoming one of the key players in online dating. Please look at our in-depth Oasis dating review below to see how we think it fares.
Is Oasis Dating Worth It? Our recommendation upfront
Oasis dating is fast becoming the next big thing. It is free to join, but they don’t charge you for their unique features like many free dating sites do. So you know what you’re getting when you sign up. We love the website. Even though it’s slightly basic, it’s straightforward to use and doesn’t take much playing around to figure out.
It’s not without its downsides. You’re not required to add a photo or fill out the basic information, so some profiles feel lacking in detail. This can make it hard to know who you’re talking to. Too many fake profiles can slip through the net, too – you do need to be careful with who you’re talking to. But with so many safe-dating tips available on their website, we recommend checking them out to discover the latest information on how to keep yourself safe. We’ll give Oasis a 4.4/5.
Overall Oasis Dating Rating
- Ease of Use
Pros and Cons of the Oasis Dating Site
✓ Pros of Oasis Dating
- It’s free! There aren’t many dating sites that let you message other members without a subscription, so this is a huge plus.
- There are loads of profiles to browse through, so you should get plenty of matches.
- The site is straightforward to use – you shouldn’t have any issues with it.
X Cons of Oasis Dating
- Because the site’s free, there are a lot of ads to put up with.
- There are too many fake and incomplete profiles.
- You get loads of people looking at and ‘liking’ your profile – even if you haven’t added a photo. This indicates that it could be hard to figure out who’s genuine and who’s just trying their luck.
Oasis Dating Member Structure
Who’s on Oasis Dating? As a leading social media dating website, users of Oasis Dating tend to be on the younger side. But, at the same time, it’s attractive to all age groups.
The membership base is pretty vast. This makes it hard to break down the exact type of people who use it. This tends to be the case with free dating websites.
- Members: There are approximately 21,385,155 members in the Oasis network worldwide. Over 150,000 members join Oasis Dating every month from all over the world.
- Member activity: Approximately 400,000 people log into the site every day.
- Gender ratio: 60% Male and 40% Female
According to the Daily Mail, 48 percent of the site’s users are 18-35, while 34 percent are 36-50.
How does Oasis Dating UK work?
The site itself works in a very similar way to Facebook. Once you’re logged in, you can browse through profiles to find your matches or use Oasis’ matching system, which allows you to say ‘yes,’ ‘no,’ or ‘maybe’ to the profiles it shows to you. If you and your match ‘like’ each other, you can begin a conversation.
Sign up process and how to join
You can connect your profile to your Facebook page, so all information is pulled from there instead of you having to create it manually.
If you choose not to connect with Facebook, signing up takes a few simple steps:
- Create your profile, selecting a username and password.
- Verify your email address. This allows you to receive a notification each time someone likes you.
- Add a profile picture.
- Fill out your profile information. There’s an ‘about me section where you can write a bit of yourself and take the mini questionnaire. Here you can choose your likes and dislikes from a drop-down menu. You can also specify who you’re seeking and your preferred age range.
Ease of use on OasisDating.com
Using Oasis Dating couldn’t be easier. The site is elementary to follow – especially if you’re already used to social media. The navigation is straightforward and keeps all your matches and notifications separate, so what you’re looking at is clear.
Oasis Dating Chat and Messages
Good news – it’s 100% free to message and connect with other members!
Connecting with someone works in this simple way:
- When someone likes you, you’ll be notified by email.
- You’ve then got only three days to reply!
- If you say yes, you both get added to each other’s contact list so you can start chatting.
- You can tell no to stop them from being added to your contacts, mark them as a maybe and decide a little later.
OasisDating.com profile quality
Profile quality is a bit of a mixed bag. Most sections can be skipped during sign-up, including the part where you add your profile picture and fill out the ‘about me’ and likes and dislikes section.
This means you’ll find a lot of profiles without a photo or with no detailed info to help you get an idea about the person.
Many companies do this to feature ads on their profile or to send spammy messages. Our advice would be to only ‘like’ people who have taken the time to add a photo or fill out essential details.
Oasis Dating App Download for iPhone and Android
The Oasis app is available on Android and iOS and is a pretty nifty tool when dating on the go. The design is kept in line with the desktop version. So it’s sleek and easy to use. The matches section is better than the desktop version, too. You can swipe left or right with ease.
Oasis offers an industry-leading app that shares all the features of Oasis.com. This includes the advanced matching algorithm and searches, which will allow you to find your next date anywhere or at any time.
Oasis offers information about members, making it easy for you to find people nearby who have similar interests and lifestyles. Once you see someone you like on the app, just let them know you like them and start chatting.
Oasis Dating Reviews
In July of 2007, I met a wonderful man. First, we communicated by email, then by phone, finally, we met. Our first date started at a Starbucks, then we went to a movie and then dinner…we were together for 8 hours!
A vacation to the upper peninsula in September. By October, we had keys to each other’s house. We went on a cruise in April of 2008…he proposed at the bon voyage party! June 23, 2018, we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary! As with anything, you will get what you put into it! Keep your eyes, ears, and heart open.[/su_quote]
From consumeraffairs.com, 2019
Key features of Oasis Dating
- Alerts., letting you know who’s looking at your profile at that moment and who’s also liked you. It works in a very similar way to Facebook notifications. You can tailor these through the settings, so you only get the alerts you want.
- Matches. This section shows up all your matches in a list format. You can click on each one and check out their profile.
- Who likes me. Everyone who’s selected your profile will show up on this page.
- Who I like. Very similar to the above feature, but this will show everyone you’ve enjoyed so far.
- My maybes. Everyone you’re unsure about will appear in this section of your profile, so you can eventually mark them as a yes or no.
- Search. This feature on your profile will allow you to filter down < precisely what you want from a match – from their likes and dislikes to their location and lifestyle habits.
Is Oasis Dating UK safe?
There’s a ‘news’ page on the site navigation that has a section on online dating advice and how to avoid getting scammed. On the search part of your profile, you’ll also find that you can remove anyone from your results that you’ve already interacted with or blocked. You can privatize your photo if you only want your contacts to see who you are.
However, the biggest downside is that profiles aren’t verified, so you’ll find a lot of fake profiles. So be careful with who you talk to.
How much does Oasis Dating cost?
What are the prices for membership? The site is completely free, so you don’t have to pay a penny if you don’t want to. However, you can purchase the following additional features for a small fee:
- Shout Out: £3.49. This feature allows you to select from a list of pre-populated messages, which will be sent to hundreds of your matches simultaneously, encouraging them to ‘like’ you and get in touch.
- Go ad-free—£ 3.49, which will remove all ads for 30 days.
Discounts, offers, and promo codes
There’s no need for discount codes and promos – everything (including messaging) is free. The additional features mentioned above are available for a small fee and optional.
Is Oasis a free dating site?
Is Oasis a free dating site? There is no free trial as profiles are entirely free to sign up to and use. There are no subscription fees. You can chat to as many members as you want without limitations. However, extra features are paid for (such as Shout Out). With the additional features, you can increase your chances of meeting people, but they are entirely optional.
Join Oasis Dating UK today
Am I able to use this site on my mobile phone/device?
Yes, most popular mobile devices are supported by the Oasis mobile site. However, some exceptions apply, and the website is looking to support more mobile devices in the future.
How to deactivate my account?
To deactivate your account, follow these steps:
– Login to the site
– Select ‘Account Settings’ at the top of the page
– Select ‘Deactivate your account
You can reactivate your account at any time within six months of deactivating. All you have to do is log in to the site again, and you will have the option to reactivate your profile. However, you cannot restore your list of contacts.
If you are looking for a break from the site but don’t want your contacts to be deleted, you can hide your profile. You can still chat to your contacts on messenger.
To hide your profile, follow these steps:
– Login to the site
– Select ‘Account Settings’ at the top of the page
– Select ‘Change your profile privacy settings
– Select ‘Hide my profile.’
You are unable to contact other members with a hidden profile.
How to link my existing account to Facebook?
To link your account with Facebook:
– Log in and select ‘Account Settings’ and then ‘Facebook Connect.’
– they will provide you with an option to link your account
– After your account has been linked, you are no longer able to log in with your password
How can I message another member?
To chat and message another member, you need to like their profile first. Then, if you both want each other, the member will show up in your contacts list, and you can begin a conversation.
To like another member, select the ‘YES’ button found at the top right of their profile. If the member is online, they will instantly receive a notification that you liked their profile. They will also have the opportunity to enjoy you back, say they are not sure, not interested, or ignore your request. If your request is omitted, then it will expire after three days.
If the member also likes you, they will appear in your contacts. You can select their username or the ‘Send Message’ button found on their profile, which will open the message window, and you will be able to send them a personal chat.
If the member is offline, the message will be received when they return online.
How can I add another member to my favorites?
To add someone you like to your favorites, you can only add them once they are a contact. If they are in contact, click on their username in your ‘Contacts,’ opening the messenger window. At the top of this window, you will have the option to move them to your favorites or any other group.
Am I able to change my date of birth and age?
Yes, you can change your age, but only once a day. If you decide to change your age to manipulate the matching system, they could review your account.
How can I change my account username?
If you would like to change your username, it is unfortunately impossible to change this once you have created an account. The only way to get around this is to deactivate your account and create a new profile with the same email address. After that, you will need to start over by contacting the same members again.
How can I make my gallery photos private?
Make your public gallery photos private by selecting ‘My Profile and then ‘Update Gallery.’ Here you can change the profile status to ‘Private.’ You will see a little lock icon that indicates if a photo is private.
How can I add a profile photo?
Select ‘My Profile and ‘Update Photo’ and then follow the instructions to upload a profile photo. First, make sure your profile photo is a clear photo of your face. If your face isn’t clear, your profile photo will not be approved. Also, any photos that are offensive or have nudity will not be approved.
How can I block another member, and what will happen?
If you would like to block another member, select the ‘block’ option found on their profile.
When you do this:
– They will take them out of your contacts
– They will remove you from their contacts
– This person will not be able to contact you anymore
– They will not be able to see you in search results or view your profile
If you would like to unblock a member, click ‘Unblock’ when viewing their profile.
What are Shout Outs?
Choose a Shout Out from a list of Shout Out messages. Once you have chosen a message, they will send this to 1,000 of your most active matches, an excellent way to draw attention to yourself and your profile.
Send a Shout Out from the Tokens page. Unless you have Gold Membership, you will need tokens to send a Shout Out. You can send a maximum of one Shout Out every five days.
Alternatives to Oasis Dating
Match.com UK Review