OurTime is a dating site for like-minded singles over 50. While a bit of a newcomer in online dating, it’s making its mark in helping those in their golden years find long-lasting relationships.
The OurTime UK dating site is aimed at those over 50 and is operated by Match.com. It works in a very similar way. Amber Brooks at DatingAdvice.com, “OurTime is well-known in the over-50 dating crowd, particularly because it has many helpful search features and an easy layout.”
Check out our Our Time dating site UK review below to get the lowdown on what OurTime is like and whether it could be the right dating site for you.
Is OurTime UK Worth It? Our recommendation upfront
OurTime gets a 3.6 out of 5. If you’re happy to scroll through profiles and spend some time looking for people who catch your eye, it’s a fun dating site.
The user experience is also good, with lots of added features and a site that essentially holds your hand each step. Activities are a bonus, too, allowing you to go out and socialize with like-minded people in a safe environment.
However, we feel there are better, sleeker websites for over 50s looking for genuine love. Unfortunately, the added features are also expensive, and their ads are plastered all over the site, so it’s tough not to get sucked into paying more than you need to.
Overall, it’s a good dating site, but give the free trial a go before you commit.
Overall OurTime UK Rating
Pros and Cons of OurTime UK
✓ Pros of OurTime
- Activity is a great feature that allows you to meet singles up and down the country in a safe and controlled environment. There are many great activities, from cruises to food tours, so it’s great if you’re looking for something fun to do while socializing.
- The site is straightforward to use.
- The free site gives a good overview of what you could get with a paid membership, letting you try before buying.
X Cons of OurTime
- The app isn’t available in the UK, so you’re limited to the desktop version.
- The site isn’t the sleekest on the market – SilverSingles, for example, feels more premium.
- There are a lot of expensive additional features that can potentially suck you in.
OurTimes Review Table of Contents
Fast Facts About OurTime
- Site Name: OurTime (ourtime.co.uk and ourtime.com)
- Paid or Free: Both options are available, with limited capabilities with free membership
- Average Sign-Up Time: A few minutes
- Paid Membership Pricing: From £19.99 per month
- Unique Facts and Figures About OurTime Dating Site:
- OurTime caters to people over 50 looking for long-term love.
- Ourtime offers a fun, relaxing community environment where you can meet exciting people online or at our dedicated activities.
- The site moderates every profile picture and profile description.
- The average age of users is between 55 and 70.
- 120,000 users in the UK
- 180,000 people from all around the world are active on the site at least once a month
- Nearly 9 million people visit OurTime every month, a popular dating site for seniors.
Joining OurTime and Sign Up Process
It’s swift and easy to sign up for the OurTime.co.uk dating site. Registration only takes a few minutes of your time. In addition, they will walk you through the process if you haven’t used a dating site in a long time (or never at all).
They ask you to input some information such as your age, gender, hobbies, and preferences. The UK OurTime dating site is straightforward, with a great user experience that means you don’t have to scroll through answers. Instead, you click the solution that’s most relevant to you from the list that pops up.
Once complete, you can start your journey of looking for someone with the same interests as you. After you sign up and create your basic profile, you can take the Affinity Questionnaire (which pops open on another tab), gathering your likes and dislikes to make better matches.
OurTime App Screenshots
The Editor’s Review of Our Time UK
The OurTime dating site is ideal for looking for a no-nonsense approach to mature online dating, which may be friendship, dates, or a relationship. The app is excellent because you can join for free; it only takes a minute or two to sign up. In addition, you can enjoy free browsing, daily matches, and only flirting with the free membership.
But if you want to access more features, you must sign up for a paid subscription, which can be pricey. However, OurTime paid members usually have better results on the site because they have more features at their disposal and rank higher in the search results. In addition, you have a better dating experience when you can message anyone you like, which you have with the paid subscription.
I like it the most because the platform is excellent at catering to people who haven’t dated in a while. Many people using the site are widowed, divorced, or separated. It provides many step-by-step instructions and guidelines to help make the process easier. The simple layout makes navigating the site and finding the best matches.
If you’re a mature single interested in senior dating and meet someone at the same point in their lives, you should try OurTime. The site is an excellent choice for all the above reasons and many more that you’ll discover yourself.
– Amy Pritchett, Chief Editor at MyDatingAdviser.com
Real Life Our Time Dating Site Review
I signed up in April for a trial. Of course, I could only see the profiles I got matches with, and I had to pay to respond. I took the chance and said I’d give it a try for one month, and if it didn’t work, I would cancel. The app matched me with a couple of gentlemen, and after a few dates in public places, I found the love of my life.
We have been together since May, and last year in February he proposed to me! We have been living together for a few months, and I could not be happier. After a 20-year marriage and two children, I never thought love existed anymore! But, thanks to OurTime, I found love! I could not ask for more!
– From consumeraffairs.com
Are there any good, quality matches on the site?
Many users say that one of the best things about OurTime is the excellent quality matches on the site that have led them to a lasting romance.
We think the quality matches on OurTime have to do with the clever matching algorithm of the site. The OurTime algorithm will help you sort through the local dating pool by providing personalized matches based on your dating preferences and browsing history.
You can search for your matches based on your criteria, and the site will also recommend people to you daily based on that same criteria.
OurTime will match you using an algorithm that finds dating profiles compatible with you. It will feature one dating profile at a time and allow users to Like or Pass on it. You can view the person’s pictures and basic information. When you Like a profile, you have the chance to create a mutual match which could lead to a flirtatious conversation with them.
The matching algorithm on OurTime will prioritize profiles within your vicinity that meet your standards regarding age, religion, education, and other essential factors. And the more profiles you like and message on the website, the more the algorithm will learn what type of person you’re interested in and automatically recommend profiles similar to ones you selected in the past.
How easy is the OurTime dating site to use?
Getting started with OurTime is super simple and explains everything very clearly. So if you’re not good with technology or haven’t used a dating site in your lifetime – don’t worry; you’ll be able to figure out what to do.
The site is straightforward to navigate and quick to figure out. Signing up for an OurTime UK account takes a few minutes, too. You can take the questionnaire in your own time. There are loads of advice pages available if you do get stuck. Scrolling through profiles is very intuitive. It shouldn’t take long to figure out if you’re new to online dating sites.
At the top, you will find drop-downs to choose what to do next. On the drop-down, you will see options like editing your profile, uploading photos, checking your inbox for messages, browsing through members, reviewing local events or events, and adjusting your membership type.
You have gender, location, and relationship type filters with the Basic Search. With the Advanced Search, you have more dating preferences such as interests, education, religion, appearance, etc. There is even the option only to see profiles that have a photo.
When someone catches your attention, you can make the first move by sending them a virtual flirt or saving their profile as a “favorite.” Then, as a premium member, you can send a message and start a conversation.
When the OurTime algorithm finds someone compatible with you, it will notify you in the Matches section. Here you will find several suggestions and Today’s Matches when you hover over them. You can select yes if it’s a match or no if it’s not. If you’re curious if the other person feels the same way without making the first move, you can select Match Me, adding you into their daily matches. You will get a notification if they like you back. You need to upload at least one photo to access this feature,
Once you’re reading to take things offline, OurTime hosts a list of live events. These can make for fun dates, including cocktail hours and cooking classes. The Events page will show you what’s happening in your area. The events are helpful if you’re a mature single in a larger city where singles events.
Are there any great features on the Our Time dating site?
Blender. This feature allows you to scroll through profiles that fit your search criteria. You can click ‘no’ or ‘yes’ to each, then move on to the following profile. You can also add the profiles you like to your favorites list.
Winks. If you’re feeling shy or don’t know what to say, you can send a wink to break the ice, letting someone know you’re interested in trying and starting a conversation.
Incognito mode. With this, you can view profiles for 24 hours without being seen. You won’t appear in search results; you can turn it on and off as much as you’d like. It costs £1.99 for 24 hours or £9.99 (33p a day).
Boost. You can earn yourself more attention with this feature. Buying boosts will put you at the top of search results and have more visibility. It costs £1.99 for one increase, £7.95 for five and £11.89 for 10.
Connect, allowing you to see who’s read your messages. You can also select a specific criterion that allows only singles who meet it to contact you.
Select. You can contact members with a free profile.
Tell me about customer support, safety & security.
Their website makes three explicit promises with regards to your safety;
1. They keep your details secure and safe by offering maximum security across their site.
2. They verify each profile to ensure each is genuine and unique.
3. Their customer service team is on hand to offer advice or help you if you’re having problems with your profile.
How Much Does OurTime Cost?
Here are the membership prices for the OurTime UK dating site:
You pay membership in one lump sum, and it automatically renews once they hit their end date, so make sure you double-check your settings have auto-renew turned off if you don’t want this to happen.
Subscription offers the following additional features:
- Full access to all elements on the mobile site.
- You can see who’s interested in you.
- You can experience the site ad-free.
- Special discounts on activities.
Our Time Payment Methods
Payments from the UK:
- credit/debit card: MasterCard, Visa, Visa Electron, or American Express
- Via PayPal by clicking the PayPal logo
Payments outside of the UK:
- international payment cards such as Visa, MasterCard, or American Express
- via PayPal
Benefits of online payments:
- The payment system is completely secure
- Once payment is confirmed, your subscription is immediately activated
Our Time Dating Site FAQ table of contents
- Is OurTime UK A Free Dating Site?
- How Do I Activate My OurTime Account?
- How Can I Get The Activation Email For My Account?
- What Can I Do If I’m Unable To Activate My Account?
- How To Setup My OurTime Account As A Bisexual?
- Can I Change My Search Type (Man/Woman)?
- What Should I Do If I Get A Message Saying My Email Address Is Already In Use?
- How Can I Stop Receiving Messages From The OurTime Dating Site?
- Why Can’t I Create An Account?
- How Can I Stop Appearing On The Ourtime Dating Site?
- How Can I Improve My Chances Of Receiving Replies To Messages?
- How Do I Send A Wink To A Member?
- How Can I Add Another Member To My Favorites?
- How Are Views Counted?
- How To Change The Gender On My Profile?
- How Can I Suspend My Profile?
- What Happens When My Profile Has Been Suspended?
- How Can I Upload A Photo?
- How Can I Delete My Profile?
- What Does The Select Upgrade Offer?
- What Is the Connect upgrade?
- What Is Boost?
- How Can I Activate Boost?
- What Is Incognito Mode?
- What Are Activities?
- How Can I Contact The Moderation Team?
- How Do I Report A Member For Inappropriate Behavior?
- How Can I Prevent A Member From Contacting Me?
- How Do I Unsubscribe From OurTime UK?
- What Are The Benefits Of A Subscription?
- What Subscriptions Are Available, And How Long Do They Last?
- What Name Will Appear On My Bank Statements?
- Can I Pay Any Other Way Than From The Website?
- Can I Pay By Cheque?
- Can I Pay In Installments?
- Do Women Have To Pay To Use The OurTime Website?
- How Can I Activate A Special Offer?
- What Is A 3-Day Offer?
How do I activate my OurTime account?
You can activate your account by heading to your email inbox and opening the message sent during registration. Then, you must click the “Activate your account” link to confirm your email address, which will verify your account.
How can I get the activation email for my account?
To receive the activation message, select the “Activate your account so other singles can see your profile” link found on the horizontal menu at the top of any page on the OurTime dating website.
You can do this by going to the “My account settings” section. Then, select the “Send me the email again” link in the “Your account has not to be activated!” box.
What can I do if I’m unable to activate my account?
You can check that your email is correct in the “My account settings” section. If it’s incorrect, select the “Change” link. Once your address has been updated, tap “Send me the email again.” If you still do not receive the email, check your spam folder.
How to set up my OurTime account as a bisexual?
If you want to search for both men and women, contact the Customer Care team to help you set this up. They will be able to set up your account so that you can search for singles.
Can I change my search type (man/woman)?
Once you have registered, you are unable to change your search type. You will need to create a new account with the category you want. You can do this by deleting the account you have.
What should I do if I get a message saying my email address is already in use?
If your email address is associated with a profile on the OurTime database, you cannot use it on another account. Therefore, you must close your existing account before freeing up this email address and using it with a new profile.
How can I stop receiving messages from the OurTime dating site?
If you don’t want to receive email alerts to your email, you can deactivate this in the “My account settings’ section. Then, select the alerts you don’t want to receive and click the ‘Save’ link to confirm your changes.
Why can’t I create an account?
You may not be able to create a new account if your email address is already in use. If you want to create a new account and link your email address to it, you must close your old account.
If you are uncertain whether you had a previous account, try to recover login information using the ‘Forgot your login details’ link, which you can find on the homepage. You will then receive a password reset link to re-access your account.
Finally, double-check you haven’t received any messages from OurTime saying your profile was closed.
How can I stop appearing on the Ourtime dating site?
If you don’t want to appear on the OurTime dating site, go to the ‘My account settings” section. Here you have two options:
1. You can hide your profile temporarily by suspending it by selecting ‘To suspend your profile, click here’ found at the bottom of the page.
2. You can delete your account permanently. Go to ‘To suspend your profile, click here and then on the following page, select ‘To delete your account and all your information permanently, click here at the bottom of your screen.
How can I improve my chances of receiving replies to messages?
The best way to increase your chances of getting replies is by having a complete and up-to-date profile. Take time to write a full description. You can also add photos to show what you’re about and searching for. You can also maximize your chances of meeting someone else with the ‘Connect’ upgrade to your subscription. This feature allows non-members to read and reply to your messages.
How do I send a Wink to a member?
There are two ways to send a Wink to another member:
- In your search results, select the wink symbol on the relevant mini profile
- When viewing someone’s profile, tap ‘WINK’ found below their profile photo
How can I add another member to my Favorites?
There are two ways to add a profile to your favorites:
- In your search results, select the ‘Add to my favorites’ link on the mini profile
- When you view a profile, tap the ‘Favourite’ button below the profile photo
How are views counted?
A view is registered as soon as a member clicks on your profile. You can see the profiles of everyone who has viewed you in the last 30 days by going to the ‘Views’ section at the top of the page. Also, a counter on the tab gives you a real-time update on the number of new views since you have last checked.
How to change the gender on my profile?
Once registered on the website, you cannot change the gender of your profile. Instead, you will have to create a new account with the correct sex, which is done by deleting your current account and starting a new one.
How can I suspend my profile?
If you want to suspend your profile, go to “My account settings” and select “To suspend your account” in the Help section. Then select ‘Suspend my account’ to confirm your request.
To find ‘My account settings,’ go to the avatar/profile photo on the page’s top-right. You can cancel the automatic renewal with a current subscription before suspending your profile.
What happens when my profile has been suspended?
- You will get a confirmation email.
- Your profile will disappear within 24 hours, and you won’t receive any email alerts.
- Your profile information will be available, but other members will not see it.
You can reactivate your profile whenever you want. All you need to do is connect to the website and confirm reactivation or click the link in the confirmation email.
How can I upload a photo?
To add a photo to your profile, go to the “Edit my profile” page by tapping your profile avatar at the top. Then select “Add a photo” and choose one of the options available for adding your photo. Your uploaded image will appear within 25 hours, and you should also receive a confirmation email.
How can I delete my profile?
Delete your account by navigating to the ‘My account settings section. First, go to your username at the top right of the page. Next, scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘To suspend or delete your account, click here.
At the bottom of the following page, you will find a second option to delete your account entirely: ‘To delete your account and permanently remove your profile from the site, click here.
Follow instructions until you get confirmation on your screen and email. Your profile will disappear within 24 hours, and you will lose access to your account.
What does the Select upgrade offer?
With the Select upgrade, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Ability to see if and when your messages have been read
- The Contact Filter feature, where you can opt only to be contacted by those who meet your criteria. This feature is only available on the mobile version of the website and apps.
What is the Connect upgrade?
The Connect upgrade offers you access to more contact.
With the Connect upgrade, you can:
- Exchange messages with members that don’t have a subscription yet
- Be the first introduced to new members
What is Boost?
Boost is a way for you to quickly increase the visibility of your profile and get more attention from other members.
Once activated, highlight your profile in the ‘Popular singles’ list at the top search results. A Boost can last a few hours depending on the number of contacts you receive, and you are also tracking the number of notifications received during this time on the homepage. Wit Boost actively promotes your profile; expect to receive more winks, messages, and views now.
How can I activate Boost?
When you purchase a Boost or a Boost package, it will immediately activate your first Boost. So if you bought a pack, you could start a new one by going to the ‘Boost’ section and selecting the ‘activate a Boost’ link.
What is Incognito mode?
Incognito mode allows you to disappear and browse the site in secret. You can make your profile invisible for 24 hours or even longer. You can view profiles without members knowing, and they will receive no notification that you viewed their profile. You will also not appear in their list of views.
Incognito costs £1.99 for one day and £9.99 for a month. To activate this mode, tap on the ghost icon at the top right of the page to see the options.
What are the Activities?
Activities allow you to meet other members in person with a night out, socials, etc. OurTime holds Activities each month in cities across the UK. Find the calendar of nearby Activities by selecting ‘Events’ on the top menu, or if you are on the mobile app, go to ‘Event Invitations’ in the ‘Me’ section.
How can I contact the moderation team?
Contact the moderators by tapping on the three-dot icon at the top right and then ‘Notify our customer care team’ when:
- You are viewing a member’s profile
- You are reading a message
The moderating team will do everything to detect and delete profiles that don’t comply with the General Terms & Conditions of Use or Charter of Commitment.
Also, if a member’s behavior goes against their code of conduct, the moderation team will take the appropriate measures, including a warning to permanent removal.
How do I report a member for inappropriate behavior?
Report a member to the moderation team by selecting ‘Report this profile at the bottom of their profile page or the IM window. Also, report suspicious messages with the ‘Report this profile’ link under the emails you receive. The moderation team will take appropriate members if the member has broken the Terms & Conditions.
How can I prevent a member from contacting me?
If you wish to prevent another member from contacting you, just click on ‘Block this profile’ found at the bottom of their profile or the red forbidden icon in the IM window.
How do I unsubscribe from OurTime UK?
If you want to delete your account and all associated data, log in to OurTime on your computer.
To delete your OurTime account:
1. Go to the ‘My account settings’ section by navigating to your screen name found in the top right corner
2. Select ‘suspend your profile. Click here link found at the bottom of the page
3. On the next page, make your request by selecting “To delete your account and all your information permanently, click here.”
You will also need to cancel the automatic renewal if you have an active subscription. Once complete, you will lose access to your account, and within 25 hours, your profile will disappear. If you want to keep your account and access your information anytime, you can suspend your profile rather than delete it.
What are the benefits of a subscription?
With a subscription, you will have access to features on the website as you connect with other singles.
With an OurTime subscription, you will be able to:
- Chat with other members on IM or private message
- View the ‘The person I’m looking to meet’ box on the profiles you view
- Save favorite profiles
- View a list of winks you’ve sent
- Personalize searches
- Browse without ads
- Receive discounts on tickets to Activities
What subscriptions are available, and how long do they last?
You can choose from three subscription packages: 1 month, three months, and six months. These packages give you access to most website features. It will also let you read and send many messages to other members.
What name will appear on my bank statements?
Paying with a credit or debit card will show payments on your statement under match.com.’ It is impossible to change this name on your statement. Contact customer services to determine how your charges will appear with PayPal payments.
Can I pay any other way than from the website?
If you don’t want to pay for your subscription from the website, you can pay by credit/debit card on the phone. All you need to do is phone the customer care team, and they will help you.
Can I pay by cheque?
This payment option is not available, and you are also unable to pay for a subscription by check. However, other payment methods such as debit/credit cards or PayPal are available for your subscription or upgrade.
Can I pay in installments?
All subscriptions are payable in full when purchased, except the 6-month subscription. Pay this package in three installments at no extra cost. The three installments will be debited during the first three months of the subscription.
Do women have to pay to use the OurTime website?
Yes, they do! To access the features on this website, both men and women require a subscription.
How can I activate a special offer?
To activate a promotion, tap the link in the message you’ve received. You will be redirected to the relevant offer and can purchase in a few clicks.
What is a 3-day offer?
The 3-day offer is a trial period from partners of OurTime, allowing you to taste the services before agreeing to a subscription package. Unfortunately, these trials are only available with a new registration and cannot be activated with an existing profile.
Alternatives to OurTime UK
Elite Singles Review
Saga Dating Review
Silver Singles Review