OurTime is a dating site for like-minded singles over 50. Whilst a bit of a newcomer when it comes to online dating, it’s making its mark in helping those in their golden years find long-lasting relationships.
The OurTime UK dating site is aimed at those over 50 and is owned by match.com. It works in a very similar way. According to Amber Brooks at DatingAdvice.com, “OurTime is well-known in the over-50 dating crowd, particularly because it has a ton of helpful search features and an easy layout.”
Check out our OurTime UK review below to get the lowdown on what OurTime is really like, and whether it could be the right dating site for you.
Is OurTime UK Worth It? Our recommendation upfront
OurTime gets a 3.6 out of 5. If you’re happy to scroll through profiles and spend a bit of time looking for people that catch your eye, then it’s a fun dating site to use.
The user experience is also good, with lots of added features and a site that essentially holds your hand each step of the way. Activities are an added bonus too, allowing you to go out and socialize with like-minded people in a safe environment.
However, we feel there are better, sleeker websites out there for over 50s who are looking for genuine love. The added features are also expensive and their ads are plastered all over the site, so it’s really hard not to get sucked into paying more than you need to.
Overall, it’s a good dating site, but give the free trial a go before you commit.
Overall OurTime UK Rating
Pros and Cons of OurTime UK
✓ Pros of OurTime
- Activity is a great feature that allows you to meet singles up and down the country in a safe and controlled environment. There are a range of great activities on offer, from cruises to food tours, so it’s great if you’re looking for something fun to do while socializing.
- The site is very simple and easy to use.
- The free site gives a good overview of what you could be getting with a paid membership, letting you essentially try before you buy.
X Cons of OurTime
- The app isn’t currently available in the UK so you’re limited to the desktop version.
- The site isn’t the sleekest on the market – SilverSingles for example feels more premium.
- There are a lot of expensive additional features that can potentially suck you in.
OurTimes Review Table of Contents
Fast Facts About OurTime
- Site Name: OurTime (ourtime.co.uk and ourtime.com)
- Paid or Free: Both options available, limited capabilities with free membership
- Average Sign-Up Time: A few minutes
- Paid Membership Pricing: From £19.99 per month
- Unique Facts and Figures About OurTime Dating Site:
- OurTime caters to people over 50 who are looking for long-term love.
- Ourtime offers you a fun, relaxing community environment where you can meet interesting people either online or at our dedicated activities.
- The site moderates every profile picture and moderates every profile’s description.
- The average age of users is between 55 and 70.
- 120,000 users in the UK
- 180,000 people from all around the world are active on the site at least once a month
- Nearly 9 million people visit OurTime every month, which means it’s a really popular dating site for seniors.
Joining OurTime and Sign Up Process
It’s really quick and easy to sign up to the OurTime.co.uk dating site. Registration only takes a few minutes of your time. If you haven’t used a dating site in a long time (or never at all), you will be walked through the process.
You will be asked to input some information such as your age, gender, hobbies, and preferences. The UK OurTime dating site itself is really easy to use, with a great user experience that means you don’t have to scroll through answers yourself. You just click the answer that’s most relevant to you from the list that pops up.
Once this is completed, you can start your journey of looking for someone with the same interests as you. After you sign up and create your basic profile, you can take the Affinity Questionnaire (which pops open on another tab). This gathers your likes and dislikes to create better matches for you.
OurTime App Screenshots
The Editor’s Review
The OurTime dating site is ideal if you’re looking for a no-nonsense approach to mature online dating. This may be friendship, dates, or a relationship. The app is great in that you can join for free and it only takes a minute or two to sign up. With the free membership, you can enjoy free browsing, daily matches, and only flirting.
But if you want to access more features, you will need to sign up for a paid subscription, which can be pricey. However, OurTime paid members usually have better results on the site because they have more features at their disposal and also rank higher in the search results. You have a better dating experience when you can message anyone you like and that’s what you have with the paid subscription.
What I like the most is that the platform is great at catering to people who haven’t dated in a while. Many people using the site are widowed, divorced, or separated. It provides a lot of step-by-step instructions and guidelines to help make the process easier. The simple layout makes the site easy to navigate and find the best matches.
If you’re a mature single who is interested in senior dating and meeting someone at the same point in their life, then you should give OurTime a try. The site is a great choice for all the above reasons and many more that you’ll discover yourself.
– Amy Pritchett, Chief Editor at MyDatingAdviser.com
Real Life Review
I signed up in April for a trial. Of course, I could only see the profiles of whom I was matched up with, and to respond I had to pay. I took the chance and said I’d give it a try for one month and if it didn’t work I would cancel. I was matched up with a couple of gentlemen, and after a few dates in, of course, public places, I found the love of my life.
We have been together since May, and last year in February he proposed to me! We have been living together for a year and a few months and I could not be happier. After a 20 year marriage and 2 children, I never thought love existed anymore! Thanks to OurTime I found love! Could not ask for more!
Are there any good, quality matches on the site?
Many users say that one of the best things about OurTime is the great quality matches on the site that have led them to a lasting romance.
We think the quality matches on OurTime have to do with the clever matching algorithm of the site. The OurTime algorithm will help you sort through the local dating pool by providing you with personalized matches based on your dating preferences and browsing history.
You have the ability to search for your own matches based on your criteria and the site will also recommend people to you daily based on that same criteria.
OurTime will match you using an algorithm that finds dating profiles that are compatible with you. It will feature one dating profile at a time and give users the option to Like or Pass on it. You can view the person’s pictures and basic information. When you Like a profile, you have the chance to create a mutual match which could lead to a flirtatious conversation with them.
The matching algorithm on OurTime will prioritize profiles that are within your vicinity and that meet your standards in terms of age, religion, education as well as other important factors. And the more profiles you like and message on the website, the more the algorithm will learn what type of person you’re interested in. It will automatically recommend profiles that are similar to ones you liked in the past.
How easy is the OurTime dating site to use?
Getting started with OurTime is super simple and everything is explained very clearly. So if you’re not good with technology or haven’t used a dating site in your lifetime – don’t worry, you’ll be able to figure out what to do.
The site is really easy to navigate and quick to figure out. Signing up for an OurTime UK account only takes a few minutes, too. You can take the questionnaire in your own time. There are loads of advice pages available if you do get stuck. Scrolling through profiles is very intuitive. It shouldn’t take long to figure out if you’re new to online dating sites.
At the top, you will find drop-downs and sections to help you choose what to do next and where to go. This might include editing your profile, uploading photos, checking your inbox for messages, browsing through members, reviewing local events, or even adjusting your membership type.
With the Basic Search, you have filters for gender, location, and relationship type. With the Advanced Search, you have more dating preferences such as things like interests, education, religion, appearance, and more. There is even the option to only see profiles that have a photo.
When someone catches your attention, you can make the first move by sending them a virtual flirt or saving their profile as a “favorite.” As a premium member, you can send a message and start a conversation.
When the OurTime algorithm finds someone that’s compatible with you, it will notify you in the Matches section. Here you will find a number of suggestions as well as Today’s Matches when you hover over it. You can select yes if it’s a match or no if it’s not. If you’re curious if the other person feels the same way without making the first move, you can select Match Me. This will add you into their daily matches and you will get a notification if they like you back. Keep in mind you need to upload at least one photo to access this feature,
Once you’re reading to take things offline, OurTime hosts a list of live events. These can make for fun dates, including cocktail hours and cooking classes. The Events page will show you what’s happening in your area. The events are useful if you’re a mature single in a larger city where singles events are widely attended.
Are there any great features?
Blender. This feature allows you to scroll through profiles that fit your search criteria. You can click ‘no’ or ‘yes’ to each one, then move on to the next profile. You can also add the profiles you like to your favorites list.
Winks. If you’re feeling shy or don’t quite know what to say, you can send a wink to break the ice. This will let someone know you’re interested to try and start a conversation.
Incognito mode. With this, you can view profiles for 24 hours without being seen. You won’t appear in search results, and you can turn it on and off as much as you’d like. It costs £1.99 for 24 hours or £9.99 (33p a day) for 1 month.
Boost. You can earn yourself more attention with this feature. Buying boosts will put you at the top of search results so you can be seen more easily. It costs £1.99 for 1 boost, £7.95 for 5 and £11.89 for 10.
Connect. This allows you to see who’s read your messages. You can also select a certain criterion that allows only singles who meet it to contact you.
Select. You can contact members with a free profile.
Tell me about customer support, safety & security.
Their website makes three clear promises with regards to your safety;
1. They keep your personal details secure and safe by offering maximum security across their site.
2. They verify each profile to make sure each one is genuine and unique.
3. Their customer service team is on hand to offer advice or to help you out if you’re having problems with your profile.
How Much Does OurTime Cost?
Here are the membership prices for the OurTime UK dating site:
All memberships are paid in one lump sum. They automatically renew once they hit their end date, so make sure you double-check your settings have auto-renew turned off if you don’t want this to happen.
Subscription offers the following additional features:
- Full access to all features on the mobile site.
- You can see who’s interested in you.
- You can experience the site ad-free.
- Special discounts on activities.
OurTime Payment Methods
Payments from the UK:
- credit/debit card: MasterCard, Visa, Visa Electron, or American Express
- Via PayPal by clicking the PayPal logo
Payments outside of the UK:
- international payment cards such as Visa, MasterCard, or American Express
- via PayPal
Benefits of online payments:
- The payment system is completely secure
- Once payment has been confirmed, your subscription will be activated immediately
OurTime FAQ table of contents
- Is OurTime UK A Free Dating Site?
- How Do I Activate My OurTime Account?
- How Can I Get The Activation Email For My Account?
- What Can I Do If I’m Unable To Activate My Account?
- How To Setup My OurTime Account As A Bisexual?
- Can I Change My Search Type (Man/Woman)?
- What Should I Do If I Get A Message Saying My Email Address Is Already In Use?
- How Can I Stop Receiving Messages From The OurTime Dating Site?
- Why Can’t I Create An Account?
- How Can I Stop Appearing On The Ourtime Dating Site?
- How Can I Improve My Chances Of Receiving Replies To Messages?
- How Do I Send A Wink To A Member?
- How Can I Add Another Member To My Favorites?
- How Are Views Counted?
- How To Change The Gender On My Profile?
- How Can I Suspend My Profile?
- What Happens When My Profile Has Been Suspended?
- How Can I Upload A Photo?
- How Can I Delete My Profile?
- What Does The Select Upgrade Offer?
- What Is the Connect upgrade?
- What Is Boost?
- How Can I Activate Boost?
- What Is Incognito Mode?
- What Are Activities?
- How Can I Contact The Moderation Team?
- How Do I Report A Member For Inappropriate Behavior?
- How Can I Prevent A Member From Contacting Me?
- How Do I Unsubscribe From OurTime UK?
- What Are The Benefits Of A Subscription?
- What Subscriptions Are Available And How Long Do They Last?
- What Name Will Appear On My Bank Statements?
- Can I Pay Any Other Way Than From The Website?
- Can I Pay By Cheque?
- Can I Pay In Installments?
- Do Women Have To Pay To Use The OurTime Website?
- How Can I Activate A Special Offer?
- What Is A 3-Day Offer?
How do I activate my OurTime account?
You can activate your account by heading to your email inbox and opening the message that has been sent during registration. All you need to do is click the “Activate your account” link to confirm your email address and this will verify your account.
How can I get the activation email for my account?
To receive the activation message, select the “Activate your account so other singles can see your profile” link found on the horizontal menu at the top of any page on the OurTime dating website.
This can also be done by going to the “My account settings” section and selecting the “Send me the email again” link in the “Your account has not to be activated!” box.
What can I do if I’m unable to activate my account?
If you’re having difficulty activating your account, you can start by checking that your email is correct in the “My account settings” section. If it’s incorrect, then you can select the “Change” link. Once your address has been updated, tap “Send me the email again”. If you still do not receive the email then check your spam folder.
How to set up my OurTime account as a bisexual?
If you are looking to search for both men and women, contact the Customer Care team to help you set this up. They will be able to set up your account so that you can search for singles.
Can I change my search type (man/woman)?
Once you have registered you are unable to change your search type. You will need to create a new account with the category you want. This can be done by deleting the account you have.
What should I do if I get a message saying my email address is already in use?
If your email address is associated with a profile on the OurTime database, you are unable to use it on another account. Before you can free up this email address and use it with a new profile, you will need to close your existing account.
How can I stop receiving messages from the OurTime dating site?
If you don’t want to receive email alerts to your personal email, you can deactivate this in the ‘My account settings’ section. Select the alerts you don’t want to receive and click the ‘Save’ link to confirm your changes.
Why can’t I create an account?
You may not be able to create a new account if your email address is already in use. If you want to create a new account and link your email address to it, then you will need to close your old account.
If you are uncertain whether you had a previous account, try to recover login information using the ‘Forgot your login details’ link which you can find on the homepage. You will then receive a password reset link to access your account again.
Finally, double-check you haven’t received any messages from OurTime saying your profile was closed.
How can I stop appearing on the Ourtime dating site?
If you don’t want to appear on the OurTime dating site, simply go to the ‘My account settings’ section. Here you have two options:
1. You can hide your profile temporarily by suspending it. This can be done by selecting ‘To suspend your profile, click here’ found at the bottom of the page.
2. You can delete your account permanently. Go to ‘To suspend your profile, click here and then on the following page select ‘To delete your account and all your information permanently, click here’ found at the bottom of your screen.
How can I improve my chances of receiving replies to messages?
The best way to increase your chances of getting replies is by having a full and up-to-date profile. Take time to write a full description. You can also add a selection of photos to show what you’re about and searching for. You are also able to maximize your chances of meeting someone else with the ‘Connect’ upgrade to your subscription. This feature allows non-members to read and reply to your messages.
How do I send a Wink to a member?
There are two ways to send a Wink to another member:
- In your search results, select the wink symbol on the relevant mini profile
- When viewing someone’s profile, tap ‘WINK’ found below their profile photo
How can I add another member to my Favorites?
There are two ways to add a profile to your favorites:
- In your search results, select the ‘Add to my favorites’ link on the mini profile
- When you view a profile, tap the ‘Favourite’ button below the profile photo
How are views counted?
A view is registered as soon as a member clicks on your profile. You are able to see the profiles of everyone who has viewed you in the last 30 days by going to the ‘Views’ section at the top of the page. Also, a counter on the tab gives you a real-time update on the number of new views since you have last checked.
How to change the gender on my profile?
Once you have registered on the website, you are unable to change the gender of your profile. You will have to create a new account with the correct sex and this is done by deleting your current account and creating a new account.
How can I suspend my profile?
If you would like to suspend your profile, go to ‘My account settings’ and select ‘To suspend your account’ found at the bottom of the ‘Help’ section. Then select ‘Suspend my account’ to confirm your request.
To find ‘My account settings’ go to the avatar/profile photo found on the top-right of the page. With a current subscription, you are able to cancel the automatic renewal before suspending your profile.
What happens when my profile has been suspended?
- You will get a confirmation email
- Your profile will disappear within 24 hours and you won’t receive any email alerts
- Your profile information will be available but other members will be unable to see it
You are able to reactivate your profile whenever you want. All you need to do is connect to the website and confirm reactivation or click the link in the confirmation email.
How can I upload a photo?
To add a photo to your profile, simply go to the ‘Edit my profile’ page by tapping on your profile avatar at the top right of the page. Then select ‘Add a photo”‘ and select one of the options available for adding your photo. Your uploaded photo will appear within 25 hours and you should also receive a confirmation email.
How can I delete my profile?
Delete your account by navigating to the ‘My account settings’ section. This can be found by going to your username at the top right of the page. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘To suspend or delete your account, click here’.
At the bottom of the following page, you will find a second option to delete your account entirely: ‘To delete your account and permanently remove your profile from the site, click here’.
Follow instructions until you get confirmation on your screen and email. Your profile will disappear within 24 hours and you will also lose access to your account.
What does the Select upgrade offer?
With the Select upgrade you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Ability to see if and when your messages have been read
- The Contact Filter feature, where you can opt to only be contacted by those who meet your criteria. This feature is only available on the mobile version of the website and on apps.
What is the Connect upgrade?
The Connect upgrade offers you access to more contact.
With the Connect upgrade you can:
- Exchange messages with members that don’t have a subscription yet
- Be the first introduced to new members
What is Boost?
This is a way for you to quickly increase the visibility of your profile and get more attention from other members.
Once activated, your profile will be highlighted in the ‘Popular singles’ list shown at the top of search results. A Boost can last a few hours depending on the number of contacts you receive and you are also able to track the number of notifications received during this time on the homepage. Since your profile is actively being promoted with a Boost, expect to receive more winks, messages, and views at this time.
How can I activate Boost?
When you purchase a Boost or a Boost package, your first Boost will be immediately activated. If you purchased a pack, then you can activate a new one by going to the ‘Boost’ section and selecting the ‘activate a Boost’ link.
What is Incognito mode?
Incognito mode allows you to disappear and browse the site in secret. You can make your profile invisible for 24 hours or even longer. You can view profiles without members knowing and they will receive no notification that you viewed their profile. You will also not appear in their list of views.
Incognito costs £1.99 for one day and £9.99 for a month. To activate this mode, tap on the ghost icon at the top right of the page to see the options.
What are Activities?
Activities give you the chance to meet other members in person with a night out, socials, and more. OurTime holds Activities each month in cities across the UK. Find the calendar of nearby Activities by selecting ‘Events’ on the top menu or if you are on the mobile app going to ‘Event Invitations’ in the ‘Me’ section.
How can I contact the moderation team?
Contact the moderators by tapping on the three-dot icon at the top right and then ‘Notify our customer care team’ when:
- You are viewing a member’s profile
- You are reading a message
The moderating team will do everything they can to detect and also delete profiles that aren’t complying with the General Terms & Conditions of Use or Charter of Commitment.
Also, if a member’s behavior goes against their code of conduct, the moderation team will take the appropriate measures which could include a warning to permanent removal.
How do I report a member for inappropriate behavior?
Report a member to the moderation team by selecting ‘Report this profile’ which is found at the bottom of their profile page or the IM window. Also, any suspicious messages can be reported using the ‘Report this profile’ link under the emails you receive. If the member has broken the Terms & Conditions then the moderation team will take appropriate members.
How can I prevent a member from contacting me?
If you wish to prevent another member from contacting you, just click on ‘Block this profile’ found at the bottom of their profile or the red forbidden icon in the IM window.
How do I unsubscribe from OurTime UK?
If you want to delete your account and all data associated with it, you need to log in to OurTime on your computer.
To delete your OurTime account:
1. Go to the ‘My account settings’ section by navigating to your screen name found in the top right corner
2. Select ‘suspend your profile, click here’ link found at the bottom of the page
3. On the next page, make your request by selecting “To delete your account and all your information permanently, click here.”
If you have an active subscription, you will also need to cancel the automatic renewal. Once complete, you will lose access to your account and within 25 hours your profile will disappear. If you want to keep your account and access your information at any time, there is also the option to suspend your profile rather than delete it.
What are the benefits of a subscription?
With a subscription, you will have access to features on the website as you connect with other singles.
With an OurTime subscription, you will be able to:
- Chat with other members on IM or private message
- View ‘The person I’m looking to meet’ box on the profiles you view
- Save favorite profiles
- View a list of winks you’ve sent
- Personalize searches
- Browse without ads
- Receive discounts on tickets to Activities
What subscriptions are available and how long do they last?
You can choose from three subscription packages: 1 month, 3 months, and 6 months. These packages give you access to most website features. It will also let you read and send as many messages to other members as you like.
What name will appear on my bank statements?
If you pay with a credit or debit card, then payments will be shown on your statement under the name ‘match.com’. It is impossible to change this name on your statement. Contact customer services to find out how your payments will appear with PayPal payments.
Can I pay any other way than from the website?
If you don’t want to pay for your subscription from the website, there is the option to pay by credit/debit card on the phone. All you need to do is phone the customer care team and they will help you.
Can I pay by cheque?
This payment option is not available and you are also unable to pay for a subscription by check. Other payment methods such as debit/credit cards or PayPal are available for your subscription or upgrade.
Can I pay in installments?
All subscriptions are payable in full when purchased, with the exception of the 6-month subscription. This package can be paid in three installments at no extra cost. The three installments will be debited during the first three months of the subscription.
Do women have to pay to use the OurTime website?
Yes, they do! To get access to the features on this website, both men and women require a subscription.
How can I activate a special offer?
To activate a promotion, tap the link in the message that you’ve been sent. You will be redirected to the relevant offer and can make a purchase in a few clicks.
What is a 3-day offer?
The 3-day offer is a trial period from partners of OurTime. This will allow you to get a taste of the services before agreeing to a subscription package. These trials are only available with a new registration and cannot be activated with an existing profile.
Alternatives to OurTime UK
Elite Singles Review
Saga Dating Review
Silver Singles Review