PlanetRomeo is a dating website for gay, bisexual, and transgender males is a safe place where men can feel part of a safe community.
One that allows them to make meaningful friendships that lead to real-life interactions. PlanetRomeo members are referred to as ‘Romeos.’ This immediately gives that community feels that it’s inclusive.
Planet Romeo member structure – who’s on this site?
- Worldwide members: There are over 2 million users worldwide.
- Gender proportion: 100% Male and 0% Female
PlanetRomeo members are referred to as ‘Romeos. According to the website:
- 62% of people on PlanetRomeo want to get married.
- 44% are looking for dates.
- 26% are looking for friends.
- 28% are looking for love.
So how does Planet Romeo work?
The website is designed to work like an app but with no restrictions. Once you’ve signed up, you’re presented with many profiles to browse from. Or you can use the search filters to narrow the profiles down a bit more.
Sign up process
Sign-up is easy and takes about 2 minutes. After choosing a username and password, you can set your location and add a profile picture, a step everyone must do.
Then, you answer a series of basic questions about what you’re looking for. Also, your sexuality, sexual preferences, and appearance (including information about how much body hair you have). After that, you’re all done.
Ease of use
Profiles are clear and concise, as is the homepage. In addition, the search filters are pretty advanced. These things add to an excellent user experience that’s fun to use and explore.
Chat, messages, and notifications
Good news – messaging is free, pretty rare for online dating sites. It makes getting in touch and making friends a lot easier. You can attach photos with your messages too.
There’s also a good way of communicating outside the messaging service called a Footprint, a sticker that shows interest. But, again, it is beneficial if you’re not ready to send a message.
All profiles have a photo, as you can’t join the site without one. Profiles don’t have detailed information because you don’t get asked that many questions when you join. But it features all the basics you would need to know. Such as what the person’s looking for and their age.
App for mobile
The mobile app is free to download on both Android and iOS. In addition, it’s available in 6 different languages, including English, French, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
It utilizes a brilliant interface, which is super easy to use. In addition, it has excellent quality pictures and all the features you get on the desktop version.
Real-life reviews for PlanetRomeo
Excellent service, a whole range of functionalities for free, the same is accurate for the app! You can either browse more guys than at the other websites or search in-depth again. The same is true for the app. Much better than the competition.
Key features for Romeo Dating Website
- Detailed Profiles. Check out profiles at a glance with handy stats.
- Who’s Closest. Check out the members closest to you.
- Search. Use the detailed filter options to discover matches.
- Hot Stuff. Share your sexual preferences and share adult pictures.
- Cruise. See who’s viewed your profile and use flirty footprints to start a chat.
- Romeo Life is the site’s blog that gives advice, shares stories and lets you in on the latest news.
Is Planet Romeo safe?
As standard, you can block and report suspicious or abusive profiles. Another cool thing – which we’ve never seen before – happens when you choose a password during signup. The site judges your password strength based on haveibeenpawned.com.
If the password you’re trying to sign up with has been compromised (according to Microsoft), then PlanetRomeo won’t let you use it.
How much does Planet Romeo cost to join?
You can upgrade to Plus, which gives you access to a range of additional features, including:
- See everything, including adult content.
- Browse ad-free.
- See seven days of visitors instead of just 1.
- Be invisible online.
- Save all of your customized searches for next time.
- Share and request QuickShare endlessly.
- Upload unlimited pictures and save all the profiles and messages you want.
Membership costs the following:
- One month: £7.71 per month.
- Three months: £6 per month.
- One year: £4.28 per month (usually £7.71)
Discounts, offers, and promo codes
PlanetRomeo was offering a 45% discount on the 1-year plan. So it’s very likely you’ll find an offer.
You can sometimes find money off passes if you do a Google search, too, so make sure you shop around before you commit.
No free trials are needed as anyone can join the site for free. The basic profile is pretty good. You can send messages. So it’s entirely up to you if you wish to upgrade to unlock the additional features.
Pros and Cons
✓ Pros of PlanetRomeo
- You can send messages for free. Unfortunately, this is pretty rare in the online dating world.
- A great website and user experience that makes online dating fun.
- When you sign up, you become part of a solid, tight-knit, welcoming community, great for people who are perhaps a bit shy.
X Cons of PlanetRomeo
- Contact support is limited, so you might have to find answers to your problems yourself.
- There are a lot of people looking for something casual only.
Planet Romeo is a great way for gay men to online date. The website is super sleek, and it’s intuitive, making it inclusive for all.
There’s a good mix of people who use the site too. Some are looking for friendship, some want a serious relationship, and some wish to find a husband, meaning there are many like-minded individuals on the site. You might need to message around to find them.
Premium membership is very reasonable, so it’s well worth an upgrade if you’re committed to the site. 4.6 / 5.
- Ease of Use
Join PlanetRomeo Today
How do I get the best search results?
Select the setting menu with the three lines in the top right corner. Then select the location pin. From here you can choose ‘Mobile Location.’ To get the most accurate distance results, give your browser permission to share your location when prompted.
What options are there with the RADAR search results?
The RADAR symbol found in the top menu allows you to:
– Sort users in your area with ‘Distance.’
– Sort by the last guys that have logged in with ‘Login.’
– Or see new Romeos that have joined under ‘New.’
How can I search for guys by username?
To search by username:
– Open the settings menu with the three bars in the top right corner.
– Select ‘Search profile name.’
– You will see the ‘Enter profile name’ search box under the menu items, where you can enter the username
Am I able to create custom search filters and save them for later use?
Yes, select the Radar icon in the top menu. Then, use the slider icon in the top left to create new filters. You need to be a PLUS user to save a filter for later.
If you are a PLUS user, click the yellow ‘Save bookmark; icon and a text box will open where you enter the filter name. Select ‘Save,’ and you can refer back to this saved filter in the future.
Where can I find saved contacts and favorites?
The new website allows you to find your ‘Favourites’ (Romeos and HUNQZ) by clicking the chat icon in the upper right-hand corner (third from the right).
Select ‘CONTACTS,’ and ‘All’ of your saved contacts will be displayed. You can also select to view the only HUNQZ by tapping ‘All’ then selecting the ‘HUNQZ’ category.
How can I see XXX pictures?
To view XXX pictures and content, you must have a PLUS subscription. If you are a new PLUS subscriber and cannot see hot photos, try logging in and out. If it is still not working, get in touch with the PlanetRomeo support team.
How do I change my profile location?
To change your profile location:
– Open the setting menu with the three bars at the top right corner
– Select the location pin
– Choose ‘Mobile location,’ a previously saved location, or you can create a new location by selecting the ‘New location’ symbol.
Am I able to search in other locations without changing my profile location?
Yes, all you need to do is select the ‘Explore’ icon in the top menu and start typing the location into the search box on the bottom of the screen. As you are typing, a list of locations will appear. Select one of the locations, and a map will appear. Click the’ Explore’ button if you are happy with your selection. You can continue to refine the location by moving the location pin and selecting ‘Explore.’
How do I block a user from contacting me or viewing my profile?
If you would like to block another user:
– Open his profile and select the ‘Save as contact’ icon in the vertical bar, activate ‘block user,’ then click the ‘Save Contact’ button.
If you block another user by accident, you can always unblock by:
– Searching the username
– Open their profile
– Select the red ‘Save as contact’ icon in the vertical bar, then disable ‘block user’ and click the ‘Save update’ button.
How can I report another user?
If you notice a profile violates the PlanetRomeo rules, please use the report function, which you find in every profile, and the message may be that the profile is bad, fake, or spam.
What is PLUS?
PLUS is the paid premium subscription, offering you a more comprehensive range of added features to enhance your PLANETROMEO experience. However, the PLUS subscription is only linked to one profile and is non-transferable.
How to pay by bank transfer?
You can purchase a PLUS subscription with the ONE-TIME PAYMENT option when paying by bank transfer. With PLUS signup, you will find these details to ensure a successful transaction.
Your PLUS subscription will activate after receiving payment, which may sometimes take a few days when paying by bank transfer. Your new PLUS period begins when the existing one has expired.
How can I pay by credit card?
When you pay by credit card, your PLUS subscription is activated immediately. PlanetRomeo uses Acapture as a payment provider to handle PLUS transactions. On your credit card statement, transactions will appear with ‘Planetromeo.’
Is it possible to make an anonymous payment?
If you would like to make a discreet payment, then PlanetRomeo recommends paying by Paysafecard.
How does automatic renewal work?
When paying by credit card, you can select the AUTOMATIC RENEWAL option. Your PLUS subscription will auto-renew until you cancel it or upon credit card expiry.
To cancel a recurring subscription, go to the PLUS signup page, and you can do this at any time. After canceling, your PLUS subscription will stay active until the subscription period ends.
Alternatives to PlanetRomeo
Only Lads Review