Tinder Icebreakers to Start a Great Conversation
Find our list of tinder icebreakers below to start talking to your crush.
Funny Tinder icebreakers to make them laugh (#1-4)
Everyone loves a joker. When it comes to messaging on Tinder, you’re going to need to make yourself stand out to bag yourself a date.
Opening with a funny one-liner that’s guaranteed to make your match laugh is a sure-fire way to go, so we’ve rounded up some side-splitting icebreakers to get you started.
1. “I know the secret to perfectly folding a fitted sheet… Should you propose now or should we date a little bit first?”
2. “Using only hand emojis, how would you describe twerking to my grandmother?”
3. “I bet my dog would like you.”
4. “Titanic. That’s my icebreaker. What’s up?”
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
Tinder icebreakers from Reddit (#5-8)
If you’re stuck for inspiration on Tinder icebreakers to use on your matches, head on over to Reddit. There’s a whole wealth of good, bad and ugly icebreaker ideas from anonymous people all over the world.
Offering some of the most unique opening lines you’ll ever read! Luckily, we’ve done the hard work for you to find these hidden gems.
5. “How much does a polar bear weigh? Enough to break the ice.”
6. “I don’t normally give out compliments to girls I just meet but you have great taste in men.”
7. “Your parents will not like me. I will fall short of almost all of your expectations. I will ruin your credit score. But if you let me have sex with you I’ll make you the happiest woman in the world for an entire night. Or 15 minutes. Actually probably more like 5.”
8. “If someone wrote a biography on you, what would the title be?”
When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.
Smart Tinder icebreakers to impress (#9-12)
It’s not just about casual hookups on Tinder; there’s so much opportunity to have a meaningful conversation and to find singles who are looking for something deeper than just a fling.
If you want to open up the floor to a conversation that will really allow you to get to know someone on a more political or cultural level, why not try some of these smart Tinder icebreakers to try and impress your match?
9. “What are your thoughts on abolishing the Electoral College?”
10. “What’s the last good book you read?”
11. “If you could go back to any point in history, where would you go and why?”
12. Did you know that rats breed so quickly that in just 18 months, 2 rats could have created over 1 million relatives… What’s your favorite fun fact?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.
Openers to use for Tinder icebreakers (#13-16)
When it comes to writing a great opening line on Tinder, you’ll want one that makes your match notice your message, has an element of creativity, and introduces your personality.
You don’t want to write anything that’s uncomfortable or creepy, so lead with your best foot forward and give some of these catchy Tinder openers a go.
13. “Imagine tomorrow is a bank holiday. Are you heading for the beach, the mountains, or are you chilling out at home?”
14. “List your top 5 snack foods… Go!”
15. “What’s on your bucket list and what do you plan to do this year?”
16. “Pineapple on pizza… yay or nay?”
Try one of these Tinder icebreakers here to catch your next date’s attention!
Tinder icebreakers are the perfect way to make yourself stand out above all over profiles, so whether you try out a couple from our list or use our guide as inspiration to come up with some of your own.
Don’t just say hello – try something fun and unique that works for you.
A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.